Sunday, January 26, 2014

I Love Books!

Whether reading or writing them, books are among my favorite things.

Always have been.

I remember, as a child of about five, waking up before my parents on Saturday mornings. Though I could read only a few words, I'd pass the time until they got up by looking through my mother's collection of books. She had everything from Humpty Dumpty to Madame Bovary! It was a smorgasbord of words and pictures that kept me busy for an hour or so. I even spent long periods with the family Bible where I found lots of pictures that intrigued me.

I loved this Saturday morning routine and never grew bored with it - Saturday after Saturday, year after year.

Is it any wonder then, that, at a very early age, I began to dream of being a writer someday? That's all I ever wanted. To write. Well.

And so... in this blog, I plan to post many of the things I've written over the years and let my readers decide if I'm moving in the right direction.

~~~ 



2 comments:

charlie@hotmail.com said...

Great Peggy. I'd like to know all about your books.

Jamie said...

Love the look of this page Peggy. All the books are just perfect for your blog. Very nice.